Skip to main content

Yes I can!

In 2014, I worked really hard to lose weight and finally got down to my lowest weight. I maintained that for awhile until I hurt my ankle and things started getting stressful at work. I found comfort in the food I ate and felt instant gratification. Needless to say, due to my unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise brings me to my highest weight. About 8 months ago I found out I was prediabetic, and I tried so hard at first to get the weight off and nothing worked. Eventually, I gave up and reverted back to old habits. I remember looking at photos of when I was smaller and feeling down about myself. Honestly, I was just being plain negative...

Today that ends, I am no longer going to look in the mirror and feel sorry for myself. I'm going to change, and I know I can do it. I had someone remind me today that instead of looking at those old pictures of myself and feeling bad I should see that it is something that I can and will do. I've done it once, and I'll do it again. I know it's not going to be easy, but I want to live the healthiest life possible and be there for my husband, son and future children. 

Starting today, I am going to keep a daily journal of my food, feelings, accomplishments, and what I can do better the next day. Then when I feel discouraged I can look back at all the good I have done for my health. I'm going to need a lot of love and support as I make a lifestyle change. I'm going to be making inspirational posts and hopefully blogging much more. My hope is I can inspire others to be their best selves and love their body. I love who I am, but I want to chase my kids around the yard and live a long healthy life. 

(May this picture serve as my reminder that I can and will achieve my goals if I put my mind to it.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Covid, POTS, and Restricted Lung Disease - Rehab Update

 Hey everyone!  It's taken a little longer to post than I would have liked. We had a couple colds and the stomach flu plague our house last month and I'm just not starting to feel more human. So a lot has happened since my last post. My primary doctor figured out that I had covid at some point. I've always felt like this is why all my symptoms and everything got worse but I didn't have proof. If I had to pinpoint when I got covid it was in March of 2020. That's pretty much when things went downhill. If you've had covid or think you might have had covid and are having crazy symptoms I implore you to look into dysautonomia. It might be a huge piece of the puzzle you are missing. I was diagnosed with POTS which is a form of dysautonomia and by bringing my HR down to a more reasonable level the brain fog lifted and I've felt much better. I still fight hypertension 10-14 days a month but I was fighting issues 100% of the time. I was just glad to get somewhat of a

It's February!

Hey everyone! Totally Jen here and thought it would be a good idea to at least make a new post for February. Time seems to be flying by already. Next thing I know it's going to be January 2020... There's been a lot of emotions for the last few weeks. I'm guessing it's due to my hormones and the weekly shot I have to get to prevent preterm labor. Plus all the stress of a high-risk pregnancy. Poor Bryan! Speaking of pregnancy, so far everything is looking really good. I just got another biophysical profile done today and Ethan passed with flying colors. Next week, we get to see measurements and make sure he is on track. For those of you who are not aware when you have diabetes in pregnancy a high birth weight is common. Last time they checked he was spot on and for the most part, my blood sugars have mostly been in check. So I'm thinking everything should be on track. I've really been biting at the bit to get everything all ready for Ethan but at the same ti

Living with Chronic Illness(POTS/Dysautonomia & Restricted Lung Disease) & General Life Updates!

It's been a while huh? I just went through the worst couple of years of my life. Gosh, I really think I could write a novel but that's not really my thing. Haven't even done a great job of keeping up on this blog. So I'm not going to make some promise that I'll be posting more but what I can promise is that when inspiration sparks me I'll be here to let you all know. I can also say I finally officially bought my own domains so if you ever want to get right back to this blog just type in totallyjen.com or totallyjen.xyz . I actually found out the hard way Facebook doesn't allow for .xyz domains which is just silly but that's a rant for another day. So first let me tell you where you can find me at: Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube - I don't use this one as often. I haven't really gotten much into video blogs but who knows maybe? I guess stay tuned.  Okay, now that we've got that out of the way. If I had to guess why you've clicked on t