Skip to main content

It's February!

Hey everyone!

Totally Jen here and thought it would be a good idea to at least make a new post for February. Time seems to be flying by already. Next thing I know it's going to be January 2020... There's been a lot of emotions for the last few weeks. I'm guessing it's due to my hormones and the weekly shot I have to get to prevent preterm labor. Plus all the stress of a high-risk pregnancy. Poor Bryan!

Speaking of pregnancy, so far everything is looking really good. I just got another biophysical profile done today and Ethan passed with flying colors. Next week, we get to see measurements and make sure he is on track. For those of you who are not aware when you have diabetes in pregnancy a high birth weight is common. Last time they checked he was spot on and for the most part, my blood sugars have mostly been in check. So I'm thinking everything should be on track.

I've really been biting at the bit to get everything all ready for Ethan but at the same time, I've been exhausted. Luckily, Bryan and Alex both have been super helpful. We're still missing a few things we need to be functioning parents, but we are pretty close to having everything. I'm hoping to get the rest of the stuff picked up over the next few weeks.

I believe in the last post I talked about our new guinea pig, Sneaky Snickers, we had a successful bonding experience. Mocha being the oldest has made sure to remind Sneakers that she is the dominant one and not to get in her way.  We finished our remodeling project on their cage and everything seems to be working out really well. We've had to make sure we spot clean more often and I think instead of washing the bedding biweekly we might have to start doing it weekly. We're still trying to figure out what works best. I've never had an issue with smell and that's not something I want to start fighting especially with a new little on the way.

Well, I think that's all I really have for now. I'll try to make a post in March but if not I will for sure post something in April after I've recovered. Remember to always be positive and an inspiration to others.

Totally Jen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Covid, POTS, and Restricted Lung Disease - Rehab Update

 Hey everyone!  It's taken a little longer to post than I would have liked. We had a couple colds and the stomach flu plague our house last month and I'm just not starting to feel more human. So a lot has happened since my last post. My primary doctor figured out that I had covid at some point. I've always felt like this is why all my symptoms and everything got worse but I didn't have proof. If I had to pinpoint when I got covid it was in March of 2020. That's pretty much when things went downhill. If you've had covid or think you might have had covid and are having crazy symptoms I implore you to look into dysautonomia. It might be a huge piece of the puzzle you are missing. I was diagnosed with POTS which is a form of dysautonomia and by bringing my HR down to a more reasonable level the brain fog lifted and I've felt much better. I still fight hypertension 10-14 days a month but I was fighting issues 100% of the time. I was just glad to get somewhat of a

It's been a year?!?!?

I totally can't believe it's been an entire year since I made my last blog post. I did create my FB Totally Jen page and have been posting short updates on that! Please go out and like my page for the most current updates and inspirations  https://www.facebook.com/TotallyJenH/ . So let's see to get this blog updated real quick... I found out I was pregnant in July of 2018, and we are expecting our little boy Ethan James about mid-March. The original due date is March 31st, however, due to complications with the pregnancy and prior issues the doctor wants to go at least 2 weeks early. Wish me luck as I head into the home stretch! We've almost lived in our house for a whole year, and we love it! The holidays were so nice having all the extra space for friends and family. We have added two new additions to our household. The first one is Sadie our standard poodle. She is very pretty and full of energy. She's been giving me a run for my money that's for sure.